The City of Toronto Planning and Growth Management Committee is holding a statutory public meeting regarding proposed zoning by-law amendments to identify zones where medical marihuana production facilities will be permitted. The amendments are in response to new licensing regulations announced by the federal government on June 10, 2013.
The City proposes to amend the following by-laws and zones to permit medical marihuana production facilities:
- City of Toronto By-law 569-2013, E and EH Zones
- City of Toronto By-law 438-86, I2, I3 and I4 Zones
- City of North York By-law 7625, M2 and M3 Zones
- City of Scarborough By-law 24982, E, M, MG and MS Zones
- City of York By-law 1-83, BC and S1 Zones
- Borough of East York By-law (Leaside) 1916, M1, M2 and BC Zones
- Borough of East York By-law 6752, HPI Zone
- City of Etobicoke Zoning Code, 1.C1, 1.C2 and 1.C3 Zones
Details for the public meeting: Monday, January 13, 2014, 10 a.m., or as soon as possible thereafter, Committee Room 1, Second floor, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West Toronto, Ontario.
For further information, please visit the City's website. Details will be posted on the agenda, when available, for the January 13 Planning lanning and Growth Management Committee meeting.
April 2014 Update: City of Toronto Enacts Zoning By-laws to Regulate Medical Marihuana Production Facilities
Related Blog Posts: Federal Court Extends Marihuana Medical Access Regulations; Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations: New Licensing Regime for Commercial Producers, Municipal Notification Requirements.