A letter dated 25 September 2014 from Premier Kathleen Wynne to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing Ted McMeekin sets out the following priorities of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing:
- moving forward on social and affordable housing;
- improving land use planning through amendments to the Planning Act and Development Charges Act and a review of the scope and effectiveness of the Ontario Municipal Board;
- reviewing Provincial Growth and Greenbelt Plans;
- reviewing municipal governance through a review of the Municipal Governance Act following the 2014 municipal elections, which includes an option for municipalities to use ranked ballots;
- strengthening partnerships with municipalities;
- amending the Building Code;
- reviewing disaster response; and
- developing a community hubs policy.
The complete letter is available is here.