A Place to Grow: The Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe
On 2 May 2019, the Province released A Place to Grow: Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, 2019, which is set to come into effect on 16 May 2019. The release follows consultation and feedback of the proposed changes, initially released 15 January 2019.
Some of the proposed amendments include:
- increased flexibility to convert employment lands prior to the next municipal comprehensive review;
- increased flexibility to adjust settlement area boundaries outside of a municipal comprehensive review or in advance of a municipal comprehensive review;
- introduction of Provincially Significant Employment Zones;
- proportionate minimum intensification and density targets for municipalities of different scales; and
- the ability to make changes to provincial natural heritage and agricultural land mapping before making changes in their respective Official Plan.
The Ministry continues to seek feedback regarding the transition regulation. Comments may be submitted here until 1 June 2019.
An unofficial blackline version of the Growth Plan as amended by A Place to Grow: Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, 2019 can be found here. For more information, please contact us at 416-203-7160 or email@example.com.
Related Blog Posts: